I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Share 6 things; tag 6 people!
Tagged by vmreborn
1. Discontinued food items I really, really miss: Oreo Double Delight Coffee ‘n’ Creme, Keebler Rich ‘n’ Chips chocolate chip/butterscotch chip cookies, and Fanta Golden Grape flavor. Every so often I write letters demanding they be brought back. So far no success.
2. Although I really do try to listen to and appreciate all kinds of music, I’m usually happiest being stuck firmly in the ’80s.
3. My longest day on a motorcycle was about 625 miles, from Chicago, IL to Mitchell, SD. It rained for the first hour, we had our civil rights violated in Minnesota (everyone was being stopped at a checkpoint, only bikers were being searched), and then it rained again. I never did get to visit the Corn Palace.
4. I spent all of my childhood and adolescence writing (I was pretty good, I think) and drawing (I was actually pretty mediocre at this), basically up until the time I dropped out of j-school. There have been only two things that have inspired me to even try writing or drawing again since then: my heart dog Jake (crossed over the Rainbow Bridge in 2002) and Veronica Mars. Go figure, huh?
5. On the other hand, I’ve done a ton of editing, copyediting, and proofreading in the years in between. Maybe I just like to tell others what to do instead of doing it myself.
6. I wish I’d kept up with playing music, although I guess there’s really no reason I can’t start back up. Not enough room for a piano here, but I still (and will always) have the Hello Kitty Strat!
As always, do it if you want to and skip on past if you’re not feeling it!
This is Chester. When I was in Afghanistan I got a care package from one of those “Adopt a Soldier” programs that lets families send care packages to service men and women who are deployed overseas. Anyway, I got this care package, and it came with the usual stuff: Baby wipes, crackers, peanut butter, the Dad threw in a pack of cigarettes, and there was some jerky. But there was also a little beanie baby gold fish and a hand written note from a 7 year old girl that said
“Dear Soldier, (I wasn’t even mad)
I hope you are doing well. I’m sorry you have to miss thanksgiving with your family. This is my friend Chester. He keeps me safe from monsters, but I think you need him more than I do. I hope he keeps you safe from the monsters you’re fighting. Take good care of him for me”.
You bet your ass that little fish was in my pocket every time I went on patrol.
I love this
The wise man said just find your place
In the eye of the storm
Seek the roses along the way
Just beware of the thorns
Send Me An Angel - The Scorpions
I was tagged by the lovely kindervenom for the handwriting meme!
3. blog title
5. favorite color
6. ALL CAPS
7. favorite band
8. favorite number
9. favorite drink
10. tag ten people
Tagging cainc3, nightlocktime, sophygurl, bryrosea, disdainfullady, toastanonofmystery, katelinnea, fponthedl, ollietherottweiler, neptunerising70
This was going around a little while ago, so if you’ve already done it or not feeling it, just skip on by!